What I’m thankful for today:
- Today August starts a full morning preschool art program! That means I get three (that’s 3!) full hours to myself once a week. I can’t explain how excited I am. He’s pretty pumped too.
- Two nights in a row of dinners with new friends. New friends = good.
- We got our car back with a clean, pretty, non-shattered window! And who needs a GPS anyway? I’m thankful for google maps.
- Speaking of Google maps, I’m thankful that my husband finally caved in and agreed that after two years with no printer, we should finally purchase one. Thanks, Christopher. I know it was not your favorite thing to spend our money on. I will be such a sweet wife from now on. Promise.
- Yesterday, while I separated laundry and August played with dangerous found objects in our building’s laundry room, he climbed onto a step while I wasn’t watching and yelled: “I tall like Dada! Mama, I tall like Dada!” How can I not be thankful for that?
- On behalf of my husband, I will be thankful that he recently discovered a new word: tergiversation, (a synonym for “betrayal”) which he saw AGAIN last night in an article. In our book nerd house, new vocabulary is a cause for celebration. (As I type he is looking up its etymology. Book. Nerd.)
- I’m grateful for yesterday’s rainy afternoon and an excuse to finally organize my bills and clean up my desk. I love that feeling of accomplishment.
- Last night my dear friend Cat ate dinner in Radnor, PA a group of high school juniors whom I love and miss. I’m grateful for her faithfulness to them. Sometimes I have this slight inkling of what Paul the apostle felt like when he left a church behind in his travels. There are days my heart aches for those high school kids. I know it’s cheesy to say that the person who took over your job is waaaay better at it than you ever could have been. But I don’t care. It’s Thankful Tuesday. Friends, Cat’s ability to inspire and love and communicate the transforming message of Christ is stunning. Yes, she’s better at it than I ever was. I’m thankful.
- Mostlly, my thankfulness feels pretty simple. I’m grateful for food and a home and my family. And I’m grateful for this blog. Thanks for being here with me everyday. I like you guys.
Your turn. What’s your thankful list today?