I’m also grateful for:
- Our Thankful Tree. August and I have been hard at work cutting out construction paper leaves. (He has some toddler scissors and is mostly cutting strips…but they go up there too.) Though I’m not sure he necessarily understands what it means to be grateful, last week he listed by name every one of his cousins for me to write on the leaves. I love that he loves his family.
- Even though I spend a lot of time afraid that my son is a terror who will never learn how to not steal toys out of friends’ hands or scream at me when I won’t let him eat candy at 6 in the morning, there are some moments when I get a glimpse of his kind heart. Yesterday morning we had a friend from our old neighborhood over for a playdate. He’s 21 months. As we walked him and his mom out of our apartment building and came to the two flights of stairs, my son, who always walks down stairs these days holding the rail, instinctively turned around to crawl backwards. Did he know that his little friend wasn’t as sturdy as he is? I don’t know…but it’s nice to think so.
- I love the twenty-something girls who gather at my house every Sunday night for Bible study. They are insightful, smart, generous and have great taste in tea!
- I got to see three old friends (Crista, Joseph and Mike) from Texas who were in San Francisco Sunday afternoon. I probably hadn’t seen them in 8 years. Wow. I love catching up. I love seeing my college friends as grown-ups.
- Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine
- A husband who took over cleaning the house on Sunday so I could rest and read. What a man!
- Fall scented candles in my living room
- The view I have of this city at night
- Christmas music, which I may or may not be listening to already…Don’t judge me!
- Just so you know, I’m STILL grateful for a parking spot and laundry in my house.
What are you thankful for on this fine Thankful Tuesday?