- Having a friend like Jamie in Austin, who was up all night with her 4-month-old and still willing to drive us to the airport at 4:30 am. Yay for friends who love us
- Boys who go to sleep on airplanes and choose not to scream. Thank you, children.
- The gift of being able to see family we love, even though they are so far away.
- Hugging my husband’s little sister and sharing a chair with her because there are too many of us to fit.
- Spending a Monday night eating cheese (did I mention I can eat dairy now? nine months without was long and I’m so thankful!) and laughing with three of Chris’ five(!) siblings, dad and step mom.
- Eating pot roast at 10 pm.
- A late-night round of catching ice cream bites with our mouths across the formal dining room table.
- Uncles who play knights and wrestle with August.
- Seeing Brooksie mesmerized by the height of the Hohorst men. (My husband looks short as the 6′ 4″ one.)
- A make-do high chair. (Tying your baby to a chair works fine.)
- Early morning fire in the fireplace.
- The promise of rest.
- Being able to spend these few days here before we head to Chris’ mom’s for Christmas.
- Have there ever been two families more different than Christopher’s dad’s family and mine? Only grace could give both of us a home with either.
It’s almost Christmas! And it’s Thankful Tuesday. What are you thankful for?